- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2/3 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
How to Make It
MIX flour, brown sugar, corn starch, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender OR two knives. Add egg yolks and vanilla. Mixture will be crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
BAKE in a preheated 350ºF oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with marshmallows; return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until marshmallows are puffy.
HEAT corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips in a saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Add vanilla, cereal and peanuts.
SPREAD over baked crust; chill 1 hour or until firm.