Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookie
- 1 pkg. (17.5 oz.) Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 egg whites, beaten until foamy
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, if desired.
- COMBINE cookie mix, flour, softened butter, egg and almond extract in medium bowl. Mix with spoon until soft dough is formed.
- USE level measuring teaspoon of dough to make 3/4-inch balls. Dip into egg whites, then roll in pecans. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Remake rounded indentation in cookie. Fill with scant 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle caramel with a pinch of coarse salt. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
- TIP* To soften butter: Heat unwrapped butter in microwave 10 to 15 seconds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies