- 1 pkg. (17.5 oz.) Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 egg whites, beaten until foamy
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt
How to Make It
HEAT oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, if desired.
COMBINE cookie mix, flour, softened butter, egg and almond extract in medium bowl. Mix with spoon until soft dough is formed.
USE level measuring teaspoon of dough to make 3/4-inch balls. Dip into egg whites, then roll in pecans. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Make a rounded indentation in the center of each cookie.
BAKE 10 minutes. Remake rounded indentation in cookie. Fill with scant 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle caramel with a pinch of coarse salt. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
TIP* To soften butter: Heat unwrapped butter in microwave 10 to 15 seconds.