I never thought chocolate-covered strawberries could be topped! This recipe is decadent and delicious!
Salted Caramel Strawberries
Once washed, pat strawberries dry with paper towels. Caramel mixture will not stick to wet strawberries.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 20 large fresh strawberries
- 40 caramels
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped mixed nuts
- Wax paper
- 1. Pat strawberries completely dry with paper towels.
- 2. Microwave caramels, 3 Tbsp. whipping cream, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 3 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
- 3. Dip each strawberry halfway into caramel mixture. Roll in nuts, and place on lightly greased wax paper. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 8 hours.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kraft Caramels and Planters NUTrition Heart Healthy Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note