very good and very easy
Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup(s) white sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter (must be unsalted)
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1. First, before you begin, make sure you have everything ready to go - the cream, butter & salt next to the pan, ready to put in.
- Note: Making caramel is a fast process that cannot wait for hunting around for ingredients. If you don't work fast, the sugar will burn. Safety first - make sure there are no children under foot and you may want to wear oven mitts; the caramelized sugar will be much hotter than boiling water.
- 2. Add the sugar in a thick bottomed pan and cook it till it melts. Keep stirring the pan so that the sugar can cook evenly.
- Note: If you find that you end up burning some of the sugar before the rest of it is melted, the next time you attempt it, add a half cup of water to the sugar at the beginning of the process, this will help the sugar to cook more evenly, though it will take longer as the water will need to evaporate before the sugar will caramelize.
- 3. Once the sugar has reached a deep brown color, add all the butter. It will foam up, so make sure you're using a pan with high sides. Stir until it's completely melted into the sugar. Remove from heat. Count to three, then slowly add the cream to the pan and continue to whisk to incorporate.
- Note: than when you add the butter and the cream, the mixture will foam up considerably. This is why you must use a pan that is at least 2-quarts (preferably 3-quarts) big.
- 4. Stir in half the salt. Let it cool completely. Stir in the remaining salt. Bottle it.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CookWithKristy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts