Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cake
Frost: 15 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) Yellow Cake Mix
- 15 ounce(s) Pumpkin, 1 cup for batter the rest for frosting
- 1/2 cup(s) Milk
- 1/3 cup(s) Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 8 ounce(s) Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2-3/4 cup(s) Powdered Sugar
- 8 ounce(s) Whipped Topping, Thawed
- Pumpkin, Remainder of the Can
- 1 teaspoon(s) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup(s) Caramel Sauce, Homemeade or Store
- 1 tablespoon(s) Grey Sea Salt or Fleur de Sel
- 1/2 cup(s) Chopped Pecans, Optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 (8-inch) round baking pans.
- 1. Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Pour into prepared pans equally.
- 2. Bake 20 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- 3. Beat cream cheese in small bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently fold in cool whip.
- 4. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; sprinkle with nuts. Sprinkle with salt just before serving.
- Make sure cream cheese is very smooth before adding other ingredients. The salt will eventually dissolve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferschorus and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note