Salted Caramel Peanut-Butter Ice Cream
This ice cream contains no eggs. Instead, it relies on the peanut butter to supply the rich creaminess that egg yolks give to recipes. Using jarred caramel sauce makes the salted caramel swirl a snap. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes, plus at least 8 hours of freezing time. Notes: If you want the ice cream to be extra-peanutty, add 1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts in step 2.
This recipe goes with Peanut-Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
More From Sunset
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 163mg
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- 1/2 cup good-quality jarred caramel sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (see Notes), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan or microwave-safe container, heat caramel sauce until warm but not boiling, about 1 minute over medium heat or 20 seconds in the microwave on full power (100%). Add salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sugar, cream, milk, and vanilla until peanut butter is mostly dissolved. Let sit 5 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved, then whisk again.
- 3. Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's directions. Add salted caramel for the last 10 seconds of churning.
- 4. Transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze at least 8 hours and up to 24, depending on how firm you would like the ice cream to be.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note