Salted Caramel Frosting
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Bring first 2 ingredients to a rolling boil in a 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- 2. Stir in cream, and return to a boil; remove from heat. Pour into bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and vanilla at medium speed, using whisk attachment; beat 7 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Use immediately. Sprinkle frosted cake with sea salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note