This is a great recipe but in order not to melt the frosting and create a big mess you need to let the caramel cool after you melt it.
Salted Caramel Buttercream
This recipe goes with Salted Caramel-Chocolate Cupcakes
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 15 caramels
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with 3 Tbsp. milk, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition.
- 3. Melt caramels with 1 Tbsp. milk in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Fold caramel mixture into buttercream, creating swirls. (Do not completely blend.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts