Salt-Roasted Whole Red Snapper
Photo: Iain Bagwell
More From Coastal Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) whole yellowtail snapper or other mild white fish, cleaned
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 2 (3-pound) boxes kosher salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Stuff fish with sliced lemons and rosemary.
- 2. Combine kosher salt, egg whites, and 1/2 cup water in a large bowl. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spread one-third of the salt mixture on the lined baking sheet. Top with fish; cover with remaining salt mixture.
- 3. Bake fish 40 to 50 minutes. Crack salt layer with a hammer or meat mallet, and remove. Peel back fish skin; carefully remove meat, discarding skin and bones.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes