Salt Pork And Potato Stew
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1/4 pound salt pork, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain potatoes and let cool. Peel potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, salt pork, water, onion, chopped parsley, and pepper in a small Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Combine hot milk and flour, stirring until smooth. Add milk mixture to stew; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until stew is slightly thickened. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews