Salt Pork And Potato Stew
Salt Pork and Potato Stew: Such a delicious dish to be made from very homely ingredients.
Yield: 1 quart
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1/4 pound salt pork, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain potatoes and let cool. Peel potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, salt pork, water, onion, chopped parsley, and pepper in a small Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Combine hot milk and flour, stirring until smooth. Add milk mixture to stew; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until stew is slightly thickened. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note