Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) salt
- 1-1/2 cup(s) warm water
- 1 cup(s) cinnamon optional
- 1.Preheat your oven to 250˚F.
- 2.Combine water and salt, then add flour.
- 3.Knead your dough by hand, adding extra flour as needed.
- 4.Roll out your dough into a 1/4” thick layer.
- 5.Cut out your ornaments with cookie cutters or use items like jars and cups to create perfect circles. Poke a hole in the top of each ornament with a toothpick. At this point you may build on your ornament with extra decorative layers of salt dough or make impressions in the uncooked dough.
- 6.Set your ornaments on a parchment-lined pan and place it in the oven for 2-3 hours. Drying time will vary depending on the thickness of your ornaments. The thicker they are, the longer they’ll take to dry.
- 7.Allow your ornaments to fully cool, then decorate to your liking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies