A few simple tricks-soaking in warm water and vinegar, dusting lightly with cornstarch, and cooking in a very hot pan ensure that the potatoes stay crisp.
Total Time: 2 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 10 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) white vinegar
- coarse salt
- 5 russet potatoes cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 8 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1. Bring water to a simmer in a
- large pot. Remove from heat, and
- add vinegar and 2 tablespoons
- salt, stirring until salt dissolves.
- Add potatoes, and let sit 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450°. Drain
- potatoes, and pat dry. Toss potatoes
- with 2 tablespoons oil,
- 2 teaspoons salt, and the cornstarch.
- Divide remaining oil
- between 2 rimmed baking sheets,
- and place in oven until oil is almost
- smoking, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Divide potatoes between
- baking sheets, and roast until
- golden brown and cooked
- through, about 35 minutes, rotating
- sheets and flipping potatoes
- halfway through. Season with
- salt, and serve warm or at room
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanetDMiller and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
SALT-AND-VINEGAR POTATOES Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables