Salt-and-Pepper Oven Fries
Serve these with any of our dipping sauces or just plain ketchup, but be sure to try them the French way at least once—with Lemon-Garlic Mayo.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 27 Minutes
- 1 (26-oz.) package frozen extra-crispy French fried potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on 2 lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pans. Bake 15 minutes, placing 1 pan on middle oven rack and other on lower oven rack. Switch pans, and bake 12 to 15 more minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with pepper and salt, tossing lightly. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tested with Ore-Ida Extra Crispy Fast Food Fries.
- Italian Oven Fries: Prepare recipe as directed. Sprinkle potatoes with 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, tossing lightly. Serve with warm marinara sauce.
- Barbecue Oven Fries: Omit salt and pepper. Sprinkle baked fries with 1 Tbsp. barbecue seasoning and desired amount of salt, tossing lightly. Serve with Spicy Mustard-Barbecue Sauce.
- Jerk Oven Fries: Omit salt and pepper. Sprinkle baked fries with 1 Tbsp. jerk seasoning, tossing lightly. Serve with Sweet-and-Tangy Ketchup.
- Southwest Oven Fries: Omit salt and pepper. Stir together 1 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper. Sprinkle baked fries with chili powder mixture, tossing lightly. Serve with Chipotle Ranch Dip.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note