Salsa Verde Eggs Benedict
This Mexican-inspired version of a breakfast favorite, created by Terri Bryant, of Dayton, Nevada, uses fresh salsa instead of the traditional, heavy Hollandaise sauce. Serve with a side of refried beans.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 613
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 1916mg
- Cholesterol: 455mg
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh salsa verde
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion or cilantro leaves
- 1. Bring vinegar and 1 qt. water to a simmer in a pan over medium heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, spread muffins with butter. Top each with a slice of bacon.
- 3. Reduce heat under water to low. Crack eggs one at a time into a small bowl or ramekin and slip into water. Cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to muffins.
- 4. Top each egg with a slice of cheese and the salsa, olives, and green onion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note