Southern Living FEBRUARY 2009
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, cut avocados in half. Scoop avocado pulp into a medium bowl, and mash with salsa verde, chopped green chiles, and lime juice. Stir in hot cooked rice.
3. Stir together chicken, soup, and sour cream in a small saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until blended and slightly heated.
4. Spoon rice mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; spoon chicken mixture over rice. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
5. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Top with chopped tomatoes.
Go to full version of