- 2 (3.5-oz.) bags boil-in-bag rice
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Topping: chopped tomatoes
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, cut avocados in half. Scoop avocado pulp into a medium bowl, and mash with salsa verde, chopped green chiles, and lime juice. Stir in hot cooked rice.
Stir together chicken, soup, and sour cream in a small saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until blended and slightly heated.
Spoon rice mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; spoon chicken mixture over rice. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Top with chopped tomatoes.