- 4 fresh Anaheim chilies (3/4 lb. total), rinsed
- 3 firm-ripe tomatoes (1 1/2 lb. total), rinsed
- 3 green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, pressed or minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- calories 11
- caloriesfromfat 8.2 %
- protein 0.5 g
- fat 0.1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 2.4 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 3.4 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Place chilies and tomatoes in a 10- by 15-inch pan. Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning as needed, until vegetables are charred on all sides, about 5 minutes. Cool. Peel and stem chilies; for less heat, discard seeds. Peel tomatoes, cut in half crosswise, and squeeze out and discard seeds. Finely chop tomatoes and chilies and place in a bowl.
Add onions, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. If thicker than desired, add a little water to thin.
Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.