If making up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill.
This recipe goes with Guacamole
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 11
- Calories from fat: 8.2%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 3.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 fresh Anaheim chilies (3/4 lb. total), rinsed
- 3 firm-ripe tomatoes (1 1/2 lb. total), rinsed
- 3 green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, pressed or minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Place chilies and tomatoes in a 10- by 15-inch pan. Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning as needed, until vegetables are charred on all sides, about 5 minutes. Cool. Peel and stem chilies; for less heat, discard seeds. Peel tomatoes, cut in half crosswise, and squeeze out and discard seeds. Finely chop tomatoes and chilies and place in a bowl.
- 2. Add onions, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. If thicker than desired, add a little water to thin.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This