Note: Start cooking the rice first, then prepare the sauce and chops.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 574
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Protein: 41g
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 76g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 354mg
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- 1 1/2 cups medium or hot tomato salsa
- 1 can (20 oz.) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 6 boneless center-cut pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick (about 2 lb. total)
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Combine salsa and pineapple in a 12- to 14-inch frying pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and stir often until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- 2. While sauce cooks, trim and discard outer fat from pork chops. Broil chops 4 to 6 inches from heat until lightly browned and no longer pink in thickest part (cut to test), about 9 minutes, turning once.
- 3. Arrange chops on a platter; top with sauce. Serve with rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note