Community Recipe from
- 4 whole(s) medium tomatoes seeded and cut up
- 1 whole(s) medium onion cut up
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro or parsley snipped
- 1-2 whole(s) fresh jalopeno or serrano chile peppers seeded and halved
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) green sweet pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh oregano snipped
- 1 whole(s) bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 - Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend (process) until coarsely chopped. Add onion, cilantro, chile peppers, and garlic. Cover and blend (process) until finely chopped.
- 2 - Transfer tomato mixture to a medium saucepan. Stir in sweet peppers, lemon juice, oregano, bay leaf, sugar and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until salsa reaches desired consistency.
- 3 - Discard bay leaf. Cool salsa slightly. Cover and chill for 1 hour to 1 week before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salsa Picante Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments