Salsa-fied Turkey and Rice [2011-04-03 15:54:31.159]
Combine zesty salsa, rice, ground turkey, canned corn and beans for a one-pot meal that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. A good source of protein and fiber, this heart-healthy favorite is quick and simply delicious.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can (7 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup canned, red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese (optional)
- 2 cups canned, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa, mild
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey, and cook until lightly browned, chopping and turning as need with a spatula to keep the meat browning evenly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, beans, corn and broth, and stir gently to combine. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add salsa and stir to combine, and fluff the rice. Serve topped with cheese, if desired.
- Servings: 6
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 310; Total fat 8g; Saturated fat 2g;
- Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 550mg; Carbohydrate 38g; Fiber 4g; Protein 20g; Vitamin A 2%DV*; Vitamin C 4%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 20%DV
- *Daily Value
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salsa-fied Turkey and Rice [2011-04-03 15:54:31.159] Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes