Salsa de Tomatillo
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 4.3
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 0.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 pound tomatillos
- 1 fresh jalapeño, güero, or Santa Fe Grande chili (1/2 oz.)
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced or pressed
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Discard husks and rinse tomatillos. In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan, combine tomatillos and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer until tomatillos are soft when pressed, 7 to 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer tomatillos to a blender or food processor; reserve cooking water.
- 2. Rinse, stem, and, if desired for less heat, seed chili. Coarsely chop chili and add to tomatillos along with 2 tablespoons cooking water; whirl until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- 3. When cool, add onions, cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. For thinner salsa, add more of the cooking water.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salsa de Tomatillo Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments