Salsa de Tomate Verde (Tomatillo Salsa)
- 3 serrano chile peppers
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place chiles and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add tomatillos; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove chiles and tomatillos from water; cool. Reserve water.
- Process cooled chiles and tomatillos in a blender 30 seconds or until smooth, stopping twice to scrape down sides. Pour sauce into a bowl; add remaining ingredients. Stir with a wire whisk.
- Note: For a thinner sauce, add some of the reserved cooking water. Recipe courtesy of Chef Christine Keff, Fandango, Seattle, Washington.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salsa de Tomate Verde (Tomatillo Salsa) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Dips/Spreads, Sauces/Condiments
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Quick/Easy, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: American, California, Mexican
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Blender
- OCCASION: Cinco de Mayo, July 4th, Labor Day
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living
More Recipes for Appetizers