- 2 cups frozen whole kernel yellow corn, thawed
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (9-oz.) package garlic pork sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16-oz.) bottle salsa verde
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 (16-oz.) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 cups original corn chips
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Toppings: cilantro, radishes, avocado
How to Make It
Sauté corn in 3 tsp. hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until corn begins to char. Remove corn from skillet.
Sauté sausage in skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
Sauté onion in remaining 2 tsp. hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in salsa, chiles, and sausage. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 7 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in beans, lime juice, and corn.
Divide chips among 6 plates. Spoon sausage mixture over chips; top with half of cheese. Serve with toppings and remaining cheese.
Note: We tested with Herdez Salsa Verde and Fritos Original Corn Chips.