Salsa Chicken with Linguine
Note: Start heating water for the pasta in a covered pan before assembling the rest of the ingredients.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 461
- Calories from fat: 6.1%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 74g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 700mg
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- 1 pound dried linguine
- 3/4 pound red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 bottles (8 oz. each) mild red taco sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Cook pasta, uncovered, in 3 to 4 quarts boiling water until barely tender to bite, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, stem and seed bell peppers and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, frequently stir peppers and oil until peppers are limp and browned, 12 to 14 minutes; reduce heat if peppers start to darken too much.
- 3. Cut chicken into 1/4- by 2-inch strips. When pasta is barely tender to bite, add chicken to pasta water and cook until meat is no longer pink in center (cut to test), 2 to 3 more minutes. Drain mixture and return to pan.
- 4. Blend yogurt with cornstarch. Add mixture and taco sauce to peppers; stir often over medium heat until bubbling, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5. Add the pepper-yogurt sauce and chopped cilantro to the pasta and chicken; mix to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes