Oxmoor House SEPTEMBER 2012
1. Coat a 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray; sprinkle breadcrumbs over bottom of pan. Wrap bottom and sides of prepared pan with foil.
2. Beat cream cheeses with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add salsa and next 4 ingredients (through chiles); beat just until blended. Add egg and egg white; beat just until blended (do not overbeat). Stir in Mexican blend cheese. Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan.
3. Place a 10-ounce custard cup or ramekin, upside down, in a round 5-quart electric slow cooker. Place springform pan on top of custard cup. Carefully pour 4 cups hot water into slow cooker, being careful not to get water into cheese mixture. Place several layers of paper towels over top of slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
4. Turn slow cooker off. Uncover; discard paper towels (do not remove pan from crockery insert). Carefully run a knife around edge of cheesecake. Remove crockery insert from slow cooker. Let cheesecake stand, uncovered, in crockery insert 30 minutes.
5. Remove pan from crockery insert, and let cheesecake cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill 24 hours.
6. Carefully remove sides from springform pan. Layer cilantro, tomato, green onions, and yellow bell pepper in center of cheesecake. Cut into wedges.
Go to full version of