Served with baked tortilla chips, this festive appetizer will be a hit at your next party.
Yield: 20 servings (serving size: 1 cheesecake wedge)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 56
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 3.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 19.5mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (8-ounce) tub light cream cheese with chives and onions, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) tub fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup bottled medium salsa
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 ounces preshredded reduced fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1. Coat a 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray; sprinkle breadcrumbs over bottom of pan. Wrap bottom and sides of prepared pan with foil.
- 2. Beat cream cheeses with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add salsa and next 4 ingredients (through chiles); beat just until blended. Add egg and egg white; beat just until blended (do not overbeat). Stir in Mexican blend cheese. Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan.
- 3. Place a 10-ounce custard cup or ramekin, upside down, in a round 5-quart electric slow cooker. Place springform pan on top of custard cup. Carefully pour 4 cups hot water into slow cooker, being careful not to get water into cheese mixture. Place several layers of paper towels over top of slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
- 4. Turn slow cooker off. Uncover; discard paper towels (do not remove pan from crockery insert). Carefully run a knife around edge of cheesecake. Remove crockery insert from slow cooker. Let cheesecake stand, uncovered, in crockery insert 30 minutes.
- 5. Remove pan from crockery insert, and let cheesecake cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill 24 hours.
- 6. Carefully remove sides from springform pan. Layer cilantro, tomato, green onions, and yellow bell pepper in center of cheesecake. Cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note