It was fine, but as there are other recipes which we find more satisfying, we won't use this one again.
Salsa Bean Soup
To streamline your preparation, chop the cilantro and grate the cheese while the soup cooks. You can vary the heat with your choice of salsa. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups soup and 2 tablespoons cheese)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 213
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 13.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 12.6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 957mg
- Calcium: 215mg
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in water, chipotle powder, beans, and salsa. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute.
- Place 3 cups of black bean mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Return pureed mixture to pan. Stir in lime juice; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews