Salmon with Spring Vegetables
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Dan Becker
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1 cup shelled English peas
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped and loosely packed herbs such as basil, mint, tarragon, chervil, and/or flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper. Season salmon with kosher salt and pepper. Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes or until salmon is no longer translucent but still moist-looking in center. Set aside.
- 2. Place eggs in small saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes. Rinse eggs with cold water, and let cool. Peel, dice, and set aside.
- 3. Whisk together shallot and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- 4. Bring a 2-quart saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook asparagus 30 to 60 seconds or until crisp-tender; lift out with a slotted spoon, rinse with cold water, and add to vinaigrette. Cook peas in same boiling water until just cooked, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water, and add to asparagus and vinaigrette. Sprinkle in herbs, and toss gently.
- 5. Transfer salmon to plates using a spatula. Spoon asparagus mixture evenly over salmon. Sprinkle diced eggs over vegetables. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine