Salmon with Shiitake Hash
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 6 ounce(s) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 small red potatoes, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large sauté pan over high, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté until well-browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-high, then add the shallots and onion. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the onion becomes soft. Add the potatoes and continue to cook until the potatoes are tender and beginning to brown. Season with the soy sauce and black pepper.
- 2. In another large sauté pan over medium-high, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the salmon fillets for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Serve each piece of salmon with the shiitake hash. Top everything with a sprinkling of scallions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note