Salmon with Orange Pan Sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 seedless orange, thinly sliced
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper, and sauté 4 minutes on each side. Transfer salmon to a plate, cover, and keep warm.
- Turn heat to high, and add wine to skillet. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in garlic and remaining ingredients. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half and slightly thickened. Serve over salmon.
- Wine pairing: A Fumé Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, or crisp Chardonnay will complement any citrus-seafood dishes (perhaps served with a tossed green salad and crusty French bread) for a light, refreshing supper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This