YUM! Tons & tons of flavor and very healthy. I didn't have fresh mint so I sprinkled some dried in with the juices and let it cook with the rest of the flavors. I made a side of spinach but it was really unnecessary, the "relish" provided plenty of veggie. Couscous would be a great addition if you're interested in a complementary carb.
Salmon with Moroccan Tomato Relish
This savory tomato relish gets its flavor from spices, such as cinnamon and ginger, and a splash of orange juice.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 3/4 cup tomato relish)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 39.3g
- Carbohydrate: 14.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 559mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 3/4 cups chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 1/2 cups coarsely chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt evenly over fillets. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add fillets; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; set aside, and keep warm.
- 2. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and ginger; sauté 2 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomato, and next 6 ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Return fillets to pan, nestling fillets in tomato mixture; cook 3 minutes until fish is medium-rare or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; place fillets on individual plates. Stir chopped mint and cilantro into tomato mixture; spoon mixture around each fillet.
- carbo rating: 12
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes