The sauce was overwhelmingly strong and slightly bitter.
Salmon with Marmalade-Balsamic Sauce
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 336
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 102mg
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- 1 boned salmon fillet (1 1/4 lb.; maximum 1 1/2 in. thick)
- About 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves or crumbled dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup thin slices red onion
- 1. Rinse salmon, pat dry, and lay skin down in a lightly oiled shallow 3-quart casserole (about 9 by 13 in.). Rub 1/4 teaspoon pepper over salmon.
- 2. Bake in a 400° oven until fish is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over high heat, combine rosemary, marmalade, balsamic vinegar, and onion. Boil, stirring often, until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 4. Cut salmon into equal pieces; use a wide spatula to transfer to plates. Spoon onion mixture over and around salmon. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes