The sauce was overwhelmingly strong and slightly bitter.
Salmon with Marmalade-Balsamic Sauce
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 336
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 102mg
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- 1 boned salmon fillet (1 1/4 lb.; maximum 1 1/2 in. thick)
- About 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves or crumbled dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup thin slices red onion
- 1. Rinse salmon, pat dry, and lay skin down in a lightly oiled shallow 3-quart casserole (about 9 by 13 in.). Rub 1/4 teaspoon pepper over salmon.
- 2. Bake in a 400° oven until fish is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over high heat, combine rosemary, marmalade, balsamic vinegar, and onion. Boil, stirring often, until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 4. Cut salmon into equal pieces; use a wide spatula to transfer to plates. Spoon onion mixture over and around salmon. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note