- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
How to Make It
Whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; slowly whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. Stir in shallot and mint. Set aside.
Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté salmon 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Drizzle with dressing. Garnish, if desired.
Pour: Dave Martin, executive chef of New York City's Crave on 42nd, recommends Francis Coppola Diamond Collection 2006 Yellow Label Sauvignon Blanc with this dish. "With a clean finish and hint of tropical flavor, this wine is a deal at about $15," he says.