This recipe was great and we just had it with another family for Easter BUT here are a few suggestions... 1. We went to three stores looking for pea tendrils...just use spinach. They are hard to find and we have wonderful produce here but noone even knew what they were. 2. Finding a preserved lemon will not be easy either...make the viniagrette using lemon zest and it is perfect....no need to look for a preseved lemon. 3. The vegetables are super but lots of onions...we supplemented with bell peppers, aspargus, and squash too. What a beautiful platter to display and serve. It was colorful and terrific! This was such a healthy colorful meal that everone (4 kids, 4 adults) enjoyed it! We will make it again.
Salmon With Grilled Vegetables
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 salmon steak, 4 onion wedges, and one-fourth zucchini slices)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 401
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 37.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24.8g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 591mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 2 large red onions (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 small zucchini, each cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 pound)
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Peel onions, leaving root intact; cut each onion into 8 wedges.
- Combine mustard and next 7 ingredients (mustard through salt) in a small bowl; reserve 1/4 cup mustard mixture.
- Place onion, zucchini, and salmon in a large shallow dish. Drizzle with remaining mustard mixture; cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Place a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Place zucchini on pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove zucchini; keep warm. Place onions on pan; grill 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove onions; keep warm. Place salmon on pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drizzle salmon and vegetables with reserved mustard mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes