Salmon With Ginger-Orange Glaze
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes. Stay young with salmon, packed with omega-3s. Not only does it fight heart disease and depression, but some studies show it can also help your skin look younger. You can prepare the salmon for this dish ahead of time, up to step 4.
More From Health
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 40g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 372mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (1-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, cut into 8 slices
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick), skinned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 chopped green onions (optional)
- 1. Combine the orange juice and the next 4 ingredients (through ginger slices) in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil; cook 8 minutes or until the glaze is thickened and syrupy. Remove the ginger slices, and discard.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Then dredge salmon in flour mixture.
- 3. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sear the salmon for 4 minutes or until deeply golden. Brush both sides of the fish with the warmed glaze. Place the salmon, seared side up, on a baking sheet that's lined with foil and lightly coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Finish cooking the salmon in a preheated 425° oven 4 minutes or until heated through and opaque in the middle. Garnish with green onions.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note