- 4 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 2 teaspoons PLUS 2 tablespoons Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or sweet onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. In 13- x 9-inch shallow baking or roasting pan, arrange salmon. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Spread salmon evenly with 2 teaspoons Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D. Bake 15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread over medium-high heat and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add broth, juice, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. To serve, pour sauce over salmon and sprinkle with almonds.