Salmon Trout with Garlic and Grilled Fennel
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 176
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 19.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11.7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 651mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 2 (8-ounce) skin-on salmon trout fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely chopped prosciutto
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 4 lemon wedges
- Prepare grill.
- Brush fish evenly with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil and 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
- Combine 1/8 teaspoon pepper, prosciutto, fennel fronds, fennel seeds, and garlic, stirring well. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sauté prosciutto mixture for 3 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp.
- Cut fennel bulbs vertically in half. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Keep warm.
- Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness, basting occasionally with juice mixture. Transfer fish to a serving platter; sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with prosciutto mixture, and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons juice. Serve immediately with grilled fennel and lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This