Fantastic. Loved it. Didn't change the recipe. The Spicy Avocado tartar sauce is so delicious. Can be used for many other recipes, i.e. appetizers, or for tacos. This recipe will be a regular repeat.
Salmon-Stuffed Crab Cakes
Howard L. Puckett
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely diced roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Spicy Avocado Tartar Sauce
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 8 balls.
- Flatten each ball into a 3-inch patty. Divide smoked salmon into 4 pieces, and place in center of 4 patties. Place remaining patties over salmon, pressing edges to seal; coat cakes in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add cakes, and cook, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Spicy Avocado Tartar Sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note