- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely diced roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Spicy Avocado Tartar Sauce
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 8 balls.
Flatten each ball into a 3-inch patty. Divide smoked salmon into 4 pieces, and place in center of 4 patties. Place remaining patties over salmon, pressing edges to seal; coat cakes in breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add cakes, and cook, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Spicy Avocado Tartar Sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired.