Salmon Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
Community Recipe from
- 1 head(s) cabbage (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 1 pound(s) Alaskan salmon (frozen), skin removed, cut into 8 equal pieces, thawed or fresh
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) fat free, low sodium vegetable stock
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- 2. Clean cabbage by removing outer leaves and discarding them. Carefully peel off whole cabbage leaves. Place in boiling water.
- 3. Boil cabbage until tender (about 10 minutes).
- 4. Drain, and place in a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again, remove the 8 largest leaves, and place them on a work surface.
- 5. Place salmon pieces on top of cabbage leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Roll sides of cabbage in, and roll up the salmon.
- 6. Grease an oven-proof baking dish with olive oil. Place rolls seam side down in dish.
- 7. Cut up remaining cabbage into bite-size pieces
- 8. Serve salmon rolls on top of the excess cabbage while still hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes