Salmon Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
Community Recipe from
- 1 head(s) cabbage (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 1 pound(s) Alaskan salmon (frozen), skin removed, cut into 8 equal pieces, thawed or fresh
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) fat free, low sodium vegetable stock
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- 2. Clean cabbage by removing outer leaves and discarding them. Carefully peel off whole cabbage leaves. Place in boiling water.
- 3. Boil cabbage until tender (about 10 minutes).
- 4. Drain, and place in a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again, remove the 8 largest leaves, and place them on a work surface.
- 5. Place salmon pieces on top of cabbage leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Roll sides of cabbage in, and roll up the salmon.
- 6. Grease an oven-proof baking dish with olive oil. Place rolls seam side down in dish.
- 7. Cut up remaining cabbage into bite-size pieces
- 8. Serve salmon rolls on top of the excess cabbage while still hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note