This was my first experience with Romesco sauce, and wow! Sooo good! I made the full quantity of this recipe but only needed half for my husband and myself, so I froze the rest to use with shrimp. I will definitely be making this again. Big plus is that you can make the sauce ahead, and the salmon takes less than 10 minutes to broil. Super fast, very healthy, and crazy delicious for a week night.
Salmon Skewers with Romesco Sauce
Prepare and refrigerate the no-cook sauce the night before the party; assemble and refrigerate the salmon skewers in the morning, and place them in the broiler for five minutes before you're ready to serve them. You can substitute shrimp for the fish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 146
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 13.4g
- Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 354mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- Romesco Sauce:
- 1 cup canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes (such as Muir Glen), drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (7 1/2-ounce) jars roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread
- 2 pounds salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 48 cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare romesco sauce, place first 10 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- To prepare salmon, sprinkle salmon with paprika, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Thread 2 salmon pieces onto each of 24 (6-inch) skewers. Arrange on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat salmon skewers with cooking spray. Broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This