Delicious! I don't have a grill, so I just baked a whole salmon fillet in the oven.
Salmon Skewers with Lemon-Parsley Pesto
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 407
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 43.3g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 398mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups hot cooked orzo
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a food processor. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to herb mixture; process until smooth, scraping sides. Set aside.
- Thread fish evenly on each of 16 skewers. Brush fish with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Arrange skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill, and keep warm.
- Combine orzo and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well. Place 1/2 cup orzo on each of 8 plates; arrange 2 skewers on each plate. Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon herb mixture. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes