A serrano pepper and a mixture of spices add zest and flavor in these appetizer servings to Salmon-and-Shrimp Ceviche.
More From Coastal Living
Marinate: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 3/4 pound sockeye salmon, cut into about 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 pound small cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 serrano pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a nonaluminum bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 1/2 hours or until fish is opaque. Drain liquid, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- 2. Stir together salmon mixture, shrimp, and next 9 ingredients. Fold in avocado and reserved marinating liquid.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note