Salmon Sesame Salad
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 706
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sodium: 693mg
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- 1 1/2 pounds wild sockeye salmon fillets (1/2 in. thick)
- Kosher salt
- 3 large oranges
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 large egg
- 12 won ton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 qts. sliced (1/2 in. thick) napa cabbage (from 1 medium head)
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed and blanched
- 8 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- Lemongrass Chile Dressing
- 2 large avocados, cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 1. Cook salmon in a large pot of simmering salted water, covered, until just opaque, about 5 minutes. Lift out and let cool.
- 2. Cut ends off oranges. Following the curve of the fruit, cut off peel, then cut segments free from membranes by slicing on either side of each membrane.
- 3. Pour enough oil into a large pot to come 1/2 in. up sides. Heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360°. Whisk egg with 1 tbsp. water. Brush won tons with egg wash on both sides, then sprinkle generously with sesame seeds. Fry in small batches until golden and puffy. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- 4. Toss cabbage, snow peas, oranges (no juice), green onions, and cilantro in a large bowl with two-thirds of dressing. Divide among plates. Remove skin from salmon and scrape off gray layer underneath. Break into 2-in. chunks and arrange, along with avocado slices, on greens. Drizzle both with remaining dressing. Scatter cilantro leaves on top and serve with won ton chips.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads