You can use leftover grilled, baked, or sautéed salmon to make this as a sandwich filling or as a dip for crackers or bagel chips.
Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place salmon in a Dutch oven, and add water to cover by 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Cover Dutch oven, and bring to a simmer; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Transfer salmon to a large bowl. Cool fish, and flake.
- Fold in mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note