- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 pound hot-smoked salmon, skinned and broken into chunks
- 3 ounces cold-smoked salmon, torn into pieces
- 2/3 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- calories 157
- caloriesfromfat 69 %
- protein 15 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 6.7 g
- carbohydrate 3.3 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- sodium 502 mg
- cholesterol 38 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft but not browned, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Scrape onion into a food processor and add hot- and cold-smoked salmon. Pulse mixture until fish is coarsely chopped. (Do not overblend, or mixture will become pasty.)
Scrape into a medium bowl and gently stir in crème fraîche, chives, and lemon juice. Season to taste with pepper.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3-Tbsp. serving.