Salmon with Quick Spring Risotto
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
- 4 tablespoons garlic-flavored oil or extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh baby peas
- 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: lemon zest
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and rice, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; sear 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- 3. Stir asparagus into rice during last 10 minutes of cooking time. Stir peas into rice during last 3 minutes of cooking time. Stir in cheeses; taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Serve immediately with salmon. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note