- 4 tablespoons garlic-flavored oil or extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh baby peas
- 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: lemon zest
How to Make It
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and rice, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; sear 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
Stir asparagus into rice during last 10 minutes of cooking time. Stir peas into rice during last 3 minutes of cooking time. Stir in cheeses; taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Serve immediately with salmon. Garnish, if desired.